Page 2016 – 1
ANDREW’S UNITED CHURCH COUNCIL MINUTES
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
We acknowledge that we are Treaty people and that, we are gathered in the traditional territory of Nakota, Lacota and Cree First Nations, an area more recently known as the Larger Area included in Treaty 4.
A. Call to Order: Marlene 1:35 p.m.
Please notify Marlene or Yvonne if unable to attend
Please have Agenda to Yvonne the second (2nd) Tuesday of the month
B. Attendance: Marlene McBain (chair), Rev. Jim Tenford, Yvonne Boyle (secretary), Bev Boyle, Diana Humenick, Vivian Meikle, Margaret Scott,
Regrets: Arlene Clark, Karen Mundt, Bill Sauter, Irene Gattinger, Shirley Stockton, Lynann Pethick.
C. 1. Opening Prayer: Marlene McBainim’s Time: N/R
D. Adoption of Agenda: moved by Arnold Giddings, seconded by Bev Boyle including changes to title of #H.
E. Minutes of Previous Meeting: Moved by Margaret Scott, seconded by Arnold Giddings. CARRIED
F. Correspondence: Diana Humenick moved received and filed, seconded by Bev Boyle. CARRIED.
G. Committee Reports:
3. Property: (appended)
(1) Getting prices on new signage for parking lot to read 24 hour parking for the office and Minister’s stall.
(2) Moved by Diana Humenick to post a moratorium on further storage for User Groups. Seconded by Vivian Meikle. CARRIED.
(3) Moved by Bev Boyle and seconded by Diana Humenick that the Church will not be responsible for setting up tables and chairs for User Groups. CARRIED.
(6) Bev will get further information from Karen Purdy about the rectifier for the organ and report back to Council.
(7) Moved by Diana and seconded by Vivian Meikle to have maintenance personnel take down the curtain in the Chapel and replace it with a quilt that is hanging at present time in the Narthex. CARRIED
4.Worship, Music & Faith Formation:
(a) Waiting for pictures to Yvonne Boyle from the Bible Study Group and Pastoral Care to put in the Directory.
5.Minister’s Report: (appended)
(a)There will be no Christmas service December 25, 2016, New Year’s Day service will be in the Chapel.
(b) Annual General Meeting will be February 26, 2017 after Church service.
6, Affirming Committee: N/R
7. Archives: N/R
8. U.C.W. & Pastoral Care: (appended)
9. Men’s Group: N/R
10.Visioning Team: N/R
11. Trustees: N/R
12 Outreach: Motion by Diana Humenick and seconded by Bev Boyle to receive and file letter from David Armour, Director of Philanthropy, United Church of Canada, Toronto, Ontario. CARRIED
13. Ministry & Personnel: N/R
(a) Motion by Diana Humenick and seconded by Arnold Giddings to adopt the Finance Report and Ministry Fund Report (appended 2 pages). CARRIED.
H. Adoption of Committee Reports:
(a) Moved by Arnold Giddings and seconded by Bev Boyle a Correction to heading. CARRIED – done.
(b) A motion by Margaret Scott and seconded by Arnold Giddings the Committee Reports be adopted as read. CARRIED.
I. Old Business: Motion by Diana Humenick and seconded by Bev Boyle to receive and file letter from UCC Protect and Director’s Liability. CARRIED.
J. New Business:
(1a) A request by User Group “Sound Meditations” for storage for their bowl was denied.
(1b) Moved by Diana Humenick that the group pay regular monthly rental rates, seconded by Margaret Scott. CARRIED.
(2) Disregard Pet Loss Therapy.
(3) See Property #3.
(4) Motion by Diana Humenick and seconded by Arnold Giddings that Donna Merrifield have a column on the Committees & User Groups Report to show Rental Rates. CARRIED.
(5a) Motion by Diana Humenick and seconded by Bev Boyle that the Crazy Happy Zumba Group pay regular monthly rental rates. CARRIED
(5b) Moved by Margaret Scott and seconded by Bev Boyle that the group use Friday evenings as a second rental time. CARRIED.
(6) Disregard Hi-Steppers application for rent as they found another venue.
(7) Motion by Diana Humenick to receive and file letter regarding Beavers and Cubs. Seconded by Arnold Giddings. CARRIED
(8) A motion by Diana Humenick to receive and file Directors Liability Insurance. Seconded by Bev Boyle. CARRIED.
(9) No security is required for International Women’s Day.
K Commitments for Next Month:
1. Meeting Opening & Closing Prayer: – January 17, 2017 – Yvonne Boyle.
2. Celebration Box:- December 2016 – January 2017 – Bev Boyle
L. Closing Prayer: Marlene Mcbain
M. Adjournment of Meeting: Marlene McBain at 3:14 p.m.
The next Council meeting will be Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at one-thirty p.m. (1:30 p.m.) in the Lounge of St. Andrew’s Church or at the call of the Chair.
**Please have reports (written and signed) for Council Agenda to Yvonne by Tuesday, January 10,2017.**
Marlene McBain (Council Chair) Yvonne Boyle, (Council Secretary)