We acknowledge that we are Treaty people and that, we are gathered in the traditional territory of Nakota, Lacota and Cree First Nations, an area more recently known as the Larger Area included in Treaty 4.
- Call to Order:
- Attendance: Laura Richard, Arnold Giddings, Rev. Jim Tenford, Dale Hall, Diana Humenick, Sheila Leahy, Vivian Meikle, Karen Mundt, Margaret Scott
Regrets: Lynann Pethick
Absent: Arlene Clarke
- 1. Opening Prayer:
- Rev. Jim’s Time; Romans 13 Authority of God and what that actually means
- Adoption of Agenda: Moved by Karen Mundt, 2nd Sheila Leahy as amended. CARRIED
- Minutes of Previous Meeting: Moved Sheila Leahy 2nd Dale Hall. CARRIED
- G. Committee Reports:
- Finance Committee – Monthly report attached to Agenda. Moved by Dale Hall 2nd Sheila Leahy that Trustees be asked for $ to cover overdraft. Carried
- Men’s Group – 16 men met for a pizza lunch.
- Minister’s Report – Rev. Jim Tenford to forward his report to Donna Merrifield.
- Ministry & Personnel – No Report, all is well.
- Nominations – Karen Mundt may have someone to act as recording secretary, Rev. Jim Tenford may have someone to teach Sunday school.
- Outreach Committee – Attached to Agenda
- Property Committee – Lawn mower to be repaired, quotes being accepted for painting the Chapel.
- Refugee Committee – No Report.
- C.W. & Pastoral Care – Attached to agenda.
- Visioning Team – Successful pub night
- Worship Committee – Sheila Leahy reported there was no
June, 2018 Worship meeting and we will be meeting in Friday, August 24th, 2018 10:00am
- Affirm Committee – as attached
- Archives Report – no report
- Board of Trustees – no report
- Chinook Presbytery – no report
- Adoption of Committee Reports – moved by Karen Mundt,
2nd Margaret Scott. CARRIED
- Moved by Karen Mundt, 2nd Dale Hall that $ be budgeted for the visioning committee.
- Still working on the Moose Jaw Multicultural Council lease renewal
- Moved Karen Mundt, 2nd Vivian Meikle that proceeds from the Scott Woods concert be split 50/50 with M & S and St Andrew’s College. CARRIED
- New Business:
- Three Interchurch services are planned
(September 23, St A, October 21 Minto, November 18 Zion).
Moved by Karen Mundt and 2nd by Sheila Leahy. CARRIED
- Moved by Sheila Leahy 2nd Karen Mundt that “the chapel is not available for rental to the Apostolic group”. Carried.
- Moved Karen Mundt, 2nd Arnold Giddings “ that trustees be asked to
purchase 100 chairs with funds to come from St Andrews Foundation”
- Karen Mundt and Diana Humenick will correspond with Lynnea Salvo
re: her visit to St Andrews in July.
- Commitments for September 2018:
Sunday Celebration Box: Karen Mundt
Meeting Opening & Closing Prayer: Karen Mundt
- Closing Prayer:
- Adjournment of Meeting
Laura Richard, Council Chair Donna Merrifield, Secretary