We acknowledge that we are Treaty people and that, we are gathered in the traditional territory of Nakota, Lacota and Cree First Nations, an area more recently known as the Larger Area included in Treaty 4.
- Call to Order:
The Council Meeting was called to order March 22nd, 2018 at 7:05pm.
Laura Richard, Rev. Jim Tenford, Arlene Clark, Dale Hall, Sheila Leahy,
Vivian Meikle, Karen Mundt, Margaret Scott
Regrets: Arnold Giddings, Diana Humenick, Lynann Pethick
- 1. Opening Prayer: Karen Mundt
- Rev. Jim’s Time: Rev. Jim spoke about Easter – the image of death and rebirth which applies to our lives – to let go or to look at new ways of doing
things. St. Andrew’s has moved forward. People are seeing
St. Andrew’s in a fresh light. What is life giving and what needs to die. Is there something we can be or do to be friendlier and show our Christianity
- Adoption of Agenda:
Addition to the Agenda:
Scott Woods Concert Saturday, June 9th, 2018 7pm.
Karen Mundt moved that the Agenda be adopted with the addition of
Scott Woods concert. Margaret Scott 2nded the motion. CARRIED
- Minutes of Previous Meeting: Dale Hall, Affirm advised that the Affirm
service date should have been May 6th, 2018.
Dale Hall moved to accept the minutes of the previous meeting with the
correction of the date for Affirm Service. Sheila Leahy 2nded the motion.
- Moose Jaw Pride Property Update
Karen Mundt moved to accept the notice from Moose Jaw Pride with regret and file the correspondence. Sheila Leahy 2nded the motion. CARRIED
- Perfect Pen & Stationery
After discussion Karen Mundt moved that 100 purple pens be ordered.
The motion was amended to 250 purple pens with Sheila Leahy 2nding
the amended motion. CARRIED
- G. Committee Reports:
- Minister’s Report – attached to agenda
Rev. Jim added that St. Andrew’s United has completed its
1 year sponsorship of Bashar Youssef. The other refugee efforts
Hayileab Kiflet – he has lost contact with his family .
Church of God – they have been moved up so there is a family that is on a wait list for sponsorship.
- Affirm Committee – attached to agenda
- Archives – no report
- Men’s Group – Sheila Leahy reported there were 11 men in
attendance. The UCW served beef on a bun and cake.
Hanan from MJMC is helping UCW so she will have experience
for her resume.
- Ministry & Personnel – Karen Mundt moved Jenna be hired and remuneration be changed in accordance with the
M & P report attached to the minutes. Dale Hall 2nded.
- Nominations – no report
- Outreach Committee – attached to agenda
- Chinook Presbytery – Attached to the Minutes.
Rev. Jim advised that he would be handing the Chair of
Presbytery over at their next meeting.
- Property – no report
- Trustees – no report
- C.W. – Attached to the minutes
& Pastoral Care – Attached to the agenda
- Visioning Team – Attached to the Minutes
Karen Mundt suggested that Laura Richard do a Minute Speak
Sunday March 25th, 2018 to let the congregation aware
- Worship Committee – Attached to agenda
Sheila Leahy requested that the bulletin state there would be
no Sunday School on Easter Sunday, April 1st, 2018. The
service will be Intergenerational.
- Finance – attached to Agenda
Laura Richard mentioned the Visioning Committee be added under Ministry Fund. This will be tabled for the next Council Meeting.
- Adoption of Committee Reports – Vivian Meikle moved the Committee
reports be accepted. Arlene Clark 2nded the motion. CARRIED
- Old Business: There was no old business.
- New Business:
- Hi speed Internet
No action by Council was required. The report on High Speed was given
to keep the Church informed.
- Scott Woods Concert June 9th, 2018, 7:00pm
- Commitments for April, 2018:
Meeting Opening & Closing Prayer: Vivian Meikle
Celebration Box: Diana Humenick
- Closing Prayer: Karen Mundt
- Adjournment of Meeting
The next Council meeting will be Thursday, April 26th, 2018
OR at the call of the Chair; and will take place in the Lounge of St. Andrew’s Church.
Laura Richard, Chair Donna Merrifield, Secretary